- Holden VK Commodore Touring Car
- Roadways Racing
- #6 Allan Grice / Steve Harrington
- 1984 James Hardie Bathurst 1000 (DNF)
- Highly-detailed, premium model
- Opening bonnet, doors and boot lid
- Rubber tyres
- Poseable front wheels
- 1:18 Diecast with plastic parts
- Limited Edition of 1250 with Certificate of Authenticity
- Classic Carlectables Product Code: 18780
- Released January 2023
From the manufacturer:
The 1984 Bathurst 1000 was celebrated as “The Last of the Big Bangers”, referring to the Group C Touring Cars which were competing there for the last time.
The No.6 Roadeways Racing Holden VK Commodore driven by Allan Grice and Steve Harrington had a great start to their weekend, qualifying 4th on the starting grid for The Great Race.
They started the race well and were running in the top 4 in the early stages, eventually taking the race lead through The Cutting from the Peter Brock / Larry Perkins VK Commodore after they had taken their first pit stop. However this was short-lived as Grice had to pit on the next lap when handing over the driving duties to Harrington.
On lap 55 tragedy struck as Harrington lost control of the car and hit the wall on the exit to Hell Corner. The car suffered heavy damage to the front end, but after extensive repairs in the pits they were able to get back out on the track with Grice but the lingering effects of the damaged proved too much and they were forced to retire from the race on lap 70.