The True Successor to the Mk.V
The legendary Spitfire was the representative British fighter of WWII. Many variants were built and among these was the Mk.VIII, a variant developed to be the replacement for the RAF’s previous mainstay Spitfire, the Mk.V. The Mk.VIII was fitted with a Rolls-Royce Merlin 60-series engine, larger radiators, and an air filter as standard. Other improvements included fuel tanks added in the wings, retractable tail wheel, shortened ailerons, and enlarged rudder and elevators. From the latter half of 1943, the Mk.VIII were deployed to the Mediterranean and Pacific Theaters and saw service with RAF, USAAF, RCAF, and RAAF units.
- 1/32 scale plastic assembly kit of the Spitfire Mk.VIII.
- Overall Length: 302mm, Overall Width: 383mm.
- Features of the Mk.VIII, including the retractable tail wheel, shortened ailerons, and wing fuel tanks, have all been accurately reproduced.
- You can select either retracted or deployed landing gear and tail wheel even after assembly.
- Parts to depict standard and extended wingtips included
- Features moveable ailerons, rudder, and elevators. Flaps can be depicted in either up or down position.
- Parts for 30 and 90 gallon fuel tanks included.
- Comes with 3 kinds of markings to depict the aircraft from USAAF, RAAF, and RCAF units.
- Comes with 2 pilot figures, 1 seated and 1 standing.