- Holden VS Commodore Supercar
- Valvoline / Garry Rogers Motorsport
- #34 Jim Richards / Steven Richards
- 2nd Place, 1997 Primus 1000 Classic (at Bathurst)
- Highly-detailed, premium model
- Opening bonnet and doors
- Rubber tyres
- Poseable front wheels
- 1:18 Diecast with plastic parts
- Limited Edition of 1000 with Certificate of Authenticity
- Classic Carlectables Product Code: 18768
- Released February 2023
From the manufacturer:
The 1997 Bathurst 1000 was a classic, particularly given the emotion surrounding Peter Brock’s retirement and the record crowd cramming onto Mount Panorama to farewell him.
The number 34 Holden VS Commodore driven by father and son duo Jim and Steven Richards just missedout on the Top Ten Shootout, finding themselves at number 11 on the starting grid for The Great Race.
By lap 50 of the race the Richards VS Commodore had progressed to 6th place, slowly making ground on the lead group and by lap 63 had put themselves in 3rd place ready for a podium finish. On lap 128 they made their move in to 2nd position and would fiercely contest for the race win from here on in, ultimately completing the 161 laps behind the VS Commodore of Larry Perkins and Russell Ingall.
Amidst the mayhem and carnage throughout the race, the Castrol VS Commodore duo maintained the kind of pace which saw many others perish under the pressure in one of the most amazing races ever seen on the Mountain.